What does the perfect world for girls look like?
11 September 2012
As the first ever International Day of the Girl approaches on 11 October, help us build a vision of the perfect world for girls through pictures, videos and text submitted by young people worldwide.
For International Day of the Girl resources and to tell us what activities you're doing, visit our International Day of the Girl page.
The World We Want for Girls is a new blog created by WAGGGS to act as a visualisation of the perfect world for girls, created by young people all over the globe.
We need contributions from young people worldwide. If you are under 30 years of age, show us what you want to see in a perfect world for girls.
On 11 October we will collect all the submissions so far and present them to decision makers and the wider world. After 11 October the blog will remain open as an ongoing project.
How to contribute
You can submit your vision of the perfect world for girls in any format you like!
Just go to the submission form and choose ‘text’, ‘photo’, ‘link’, ‘quote’ or ‘video’ from the drop-down menu. The more visual and creative your submission, the better!
Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Draw a picture of your perfect world for girls and take a photo of it
- Use a photograph to illustrate what your perfect world looks like
- Submit a link to a website, project or person that embodies your perfect world for girls
- Upload a video of yourself explaining your perfect world for girls
- Film yourself with some friends acting out a role play of your perfect world for girls
- Take a photo of yourself holding a piece of paper with your message written on it
- Submit a quotation from somebody inspirational which illustrates your perfect world for girls
- Make a presentation at prezi.com and submit a link to it
- Get together with friends or classmates and come up with submissions together
- Fill in a World We Want for Girls postcard to explain how you think we can get to the perfect world for girls (see below)
How to fill in a World We Want for Girls postcard
- Go to http://pixlr.com/express/
- Click ‘Open URL’
- Type or paste in http://www.wagggs.org/en/grab/23439/3/postcard.png and click ‘Open’
- Use the ‘Text’ tool to write on the postcard
- Click ‘Save’ to save your finished postcard
- Submit the postcard as a photo
About International Day of the Girl
The world’s first ever International Day of the Girl will take place on 11 October 2012.
This means that the world will be focused on the unique challenges faced by girls worldwide.
Keep watching the WAGGGS website for further details of our plans to mark this historic first ever International Day of the Girl.
WAGGGS played a major part in the campaign to establish a special day dedicated to girls. Read about the declaration of International Day of the Girl
An international day dedicated to girls helps to:
WAGGGS is proud to have supported the campaign for this long-awaited day.